Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sigh of relief

I can sigh for relief now. The review checkup brought good news. Both Alden and Edric's lungs are clear. No more chesty cough, no more phlegm and the boys can sleep soundly at night too.

I know there will be more episodes to deal with in the future; virus or bacterial infections, fever and chills, cuts and bruises, all that is included in the growing up package. Guess I just have to brace myself and to take the extra precautions. I remember last time, us kids, can play with reckless abandonment; come rain or shine, in mud or sand. Now, each time I see Alden plays with the soil and grass around our home or even petting the dog, I just coiled up and ready to hiss orders to ask him not to dirty his hands. Am I over-reacting? I'm just phobic. He seems to be allergic to environmental allergens coz he gets stuffy nose and blow-up eyes a little too frequently.

As any mother will wish, I hope both of my boys will grow up healthily.

No comments: