Sunday, June 15, 2008

Just another day...

Goodbye 20s hello 30s. Yeah..another year older and stepping into this age is not something I'm eager to celebrate. Didn't want a party, didn't have a cake but the calls and wishes I get this year were enough to satiate me to year end.

I'm not celebrating my years of being on earth but rather celebrating the friendships that stood the test of time. All of us are busy building and rebuilding our lives. Eventhough we lost touch for a while, I'm thankful I'm able to be in contact with some of them. Am glad that I have some golden ones for keeps especially my childhood friends. (I think we should call ourselves the nerdy 4. Ha,ha..we did not stand out to be glamorous type of students but I guess we did good eh.)

The artist : One of them is a very soft-spoken type of gal but very talented in art. She managed
to learn to write Chinese on her own; of course with minimal guidance from her
mom. I salute her for that. Nowadays, she drives like an F1 driver. When she just started driving and we became her beloved passengers, our knees went weak, our hearts dropped off in the middle of the road and we couldn't speak. So, you can imagine how it was like..

The cutesy : She loves to buy stuff; just about anything that fascinates her. She really surprised
me when she became a nurse. Though small in stature, she's the toughest of us 4.
(I mean not physically onlylah...ha,ha,ha..don't kill me for this.)

The sporty : She's the athletic one. Very lanky kinda girl. Her competitive streak and out-going
character are the things that make her attractive.

Well, childhood friends or not, to all my friends out there, you are brighter than the sunshine.

No comments: