Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Fowler anyone?


Alden finally was able to say the word flower correctly yesterday. Ha,ha...I know I know..what's the big deal you say?

Since he started to talk, there were a few words he could not pronounce correctly. When he was 2 years old, he had difficulty saying a couple of words that started with the letter ' S '.

Spider will be pronounced as ' Paisder ' and snake will turn to ' Nakes '. Boy, it made me worried in the first place. However, he was able to say superman, star and other ' S ' words correctly (not including the S**t ah. Never taught him that.) So, I let the worries go. As he grows older, he managed to correct the flaws.

However, the biggest challenge is to get him say 'flower' right. Each time we corrected him, he will still say out loud ' fowler ' !!! (Ayamak...smacked my own forehead.)

Yesterday, his kindi teacher gave him an assignment which is to colour a drawing of hibiscus.
I just asked him "What is this?" As usual, "Fowler". I let it passed and asked him to complete the drawing. Relunctantly, he did. Then, came the pronounciation exercise. Asked him to say 'fla' and 'wer' separately and repeatedly till I became thirsty myself. Told him to combine the two words and miracle did not happened. Sighh....try again....repeat and repeat until he got tired.

I guess the fairy was smilling at him coz he just said "Mommy, Fla! Wer!" Wah...just imaginelah this mommy, I got so happy, I hit the roof. Guess he was just as happy as mommy, minta hi-five pula. Well, it was a small feat but a commendable one coz my boy didn't give up yesterday.
I taught him to say hibiscus and he answered back "biscuit?", "ping kan?"
Sigh...let it flow...let it flow.....

He switched on the TV afterwards to watch his favourite Marsupilami and heard the music.
"Mommy! Where's my tagi?" Odoi...hit another boulder...I've totally forgotten about this one.
(He was actually asking for his guitar.) Shrug...


No comments: