Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Special visitor

I'm a lagger, I know. I have no idea what strucked me a couple of weeks ago. I stopped surfing the net, I stopped FBooking, and I hit the sack early everyday. Must be a stay-at-home mom symptom. I'm totally unmotivated. Hmm...but a day trip to Penang last Monday was a refresher.

Started the day early with breakfast and off we went. Stopped by Bukit Tambun for a rest so Edric can have his porridge. We reached the island in the afternoon and had seafood for lunch. We basically drove around make a few stops here and there.. nothing bombastic.
Alden was the one who had the most fun coz he get to ride on the ferry across.
We reached home at around 10 p.m. When I opened the main door, I felt something amiss.
The dustbin was ransacked and there was a certain smell in the house.

Told hubby of what I saw and walked slowly towards the back of the house. All the detergents in the bathroom were toppled down. Haiiii...biawak lagi...

Of all days the fella chose this day to enter the house from the bathroom drain. We were all so tired already and Edric was wailing coz it was his bedtime. I just dumped him in the playpen and asked Alden to keep him company while we searched for the annoying reptile.

The next thing I heard was hubby scolding me. 'You didn't close the door when you left the room!' 'Haiyah...I don't rememberlah...I was in the rush this morning' (The usual me...I started to get defensive each time there's a conflict..and yeah..I sound a bit like Makcik already...I know..)

'Let's hope it didn't end up in your room!' Get me the torchlight! (Bark bark bark...yalah yalah)
True enough, the 2 and a half feet lizard was hiding under my bed...isssshhhh..of all places...

Hubby and I had to clear everything from the floor so it would be easier to catch it. This time hubby macam crocodile hunter oh...ha,ha,ha...he attached a noose to the broom pole and caught it.

It didn't even crossed my mind to take pictures because of all the commotion. We let the lizard off the hook again this time. Lain kali dia masuk lagi, sia masak sup herbalah dia ni.
I had to air the room for 2 days before we got rid of the smell. Yuck!

No comments: