Saturday, February 14, 2009

Another day to the clinic

I've always been scared of Alden getting asthma attacks. That's one of the worst thing that can happen to a child. When he started coughing again 2 weeks before CNY, I had goosebums. Brought him to the clinic after his condition got worse. Had an X-ray done and it confirmed my fear that he got lung infection again.
After a course of antibiotics and bronchitis medication, his coughs settled just in time for CNY.
It was a relief and I got my fingers crossed that I won't be hearing any coughs anytime soon.

But 2 days ago the coughs started and it's off to the Dr again...sigh...poor baby...
Alden is already small in stature...his weight has not gone up for awhile now.. think the illness is getting to him in a way.
The Dr decided to put him on an inhaler for next 6 months since his airways are congested (and quite frequent at that). It's developing into a mild asthma. While his mother's heart just sank deeper, Alden was exceptionally happy that he got a new thinger-majigger to play with.

Hope this will work and he'll get better soon. That's all I ask for.
As an addition to my agony, Edric caught the flu. The little guy has trouble sleeping for 2 days now. I do pray I won't be hearing any coughs coming out from his mouth.

No comments: